Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Up and Going

Hey there! Just wanted to stop by and talk about the new life change. Two weeks into the new life strategy and I have lost a little over 5 pounds!!

Who knew I had so much will power?

I am not sure what finally clicked this time but I keep thinking that since I am 48 now and they say that losing weight gets harder as you are older, I should start now!

So, for the last two weeks, I have been analyzing EVERTHING that goes into my mouth! I have even been looking up the calories on food to see what would be a better choice....unfortunately some of them have been whether a cheeseburger or a Filet O Fish would have more calories! So....I am not going to turn into one of those all natural, low fat, no fat, no taste types of people!

I would rather eat smaller portions of what I want versus food that doesn't taste good! That is my story and I am sticking to it!

I guess the hardest part is the lack of soda and Chocolate. I love Chocolate...with soda! So far, I have been able to get by with small sips of the soda (I love the carbonation) and miniture chocolate bars. All things in moderation they say!

So, onward and upward!! I still have lots of weight to lose! See ya!!

Rowdy

3 comments:

monica.coffman said...

Good for you Jo Anne...congrats on the loss. I have GOT to get serious myself. Such a struggle.

The Moo said...

Woohoo!!!! Way to go girl! With the way you cook (yummmmmmmmmm) I'm sure you'll do great with creating great dishes that are a bit better while still tasting great.

Schmiddy and I are going to collaborate this weekend on a plan. He's going to get set up on Spark People as well. We'll get going next week and hope to share good results as well.

Shannon Schafer said...

Congrats on the weight loss!!! That is awesome!