Friday, July 31, 2009

German Memories!

My mom called me last night and we talked about my sweet Aunt Ella since yesterday she would have been 75!!

One of my last meals I shared with my Aunt Ella, Uncle Karl, Mom and my friend Cheryl was at La Montanara in Oberammergau, Germany. I always order Spaghetti Carbonara at La Montanara because lets face it, it is absolutely wonderful!! Aunt Ella always enjoyed getting my left overs. That's notable since almost every German finishes their big meals and there are no left overs or no doggie bags! La Montanara sends those left overs home with you!! YUM! My mouth is watering as I am writing this! The last time together, Cheryl and I tried some grappa! Oh my Goodness. It tasted like an electric storm in a glass!

I hope to take Dixie and Erica there when we go back in November. I will be thinking of Aunt Ella when we go!

No comments: