Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Day 1 of Prayer and Fasting

My former Pastor's wife Margaret is battling multiple myeloma and the church has called for prayer and fasting so here I am. I decided to give up Scrapfreak and chocolate for a week. When I told my DD what I was giving up, she understood how hard it would be for me! She decided that she would fast on the chocolate too but changed her mind to ice cream today!!

So, while I am sitting here typing this, my youngest DD hands me a cookie right out of the oven and I just ate it...it had chocolate in it!! Grrrr!!! How does that happen?

So, before I had the outlaw chocolate cookie, the need for Scrapfreak was way ahead of the chocolate. It still is. It's nice to go online and chat with friends and look at cards or layouts and just have a good time. But Margaret is so worth every second for a week of not getting online or eating chocolate.

I checked on Margaret through my former church's secretary and she said that despite some horrible things going wrong during a gel infusion on her spine, she is doing well. In fact, Margaret's daughter Tammy had surgery yesterday and today Margaret is at the hospital with her. My former Pastor Weldon, hurt himself by stepping in the elevator the wrong way at the hospital (he uses a cane after a bad ankle break years ago) and has had to start rehab again!

I would say the whole family needs prayer and fasting. On top of the obvious, the insurance doesn't pay for everything because Margaret had not had her insurance long enough! The church is planning some fundraising which I hope to be part of since that is something I do well!!

Here is my confession and I am sticking with it - the devil won't win this one.

Rowdy

No comments: